Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Women’s Songs     

I hear all women singing
an inspirational song.
Sisters of the universe -
Shoulder-to-shoulder strong.
Songs of life they share.

I hear all women singing.
On earth they all belong,
start of life or ending,
feeble ones and strong.
Sisters all together.

I hear young women singing
Songs of youthful fear,
Songs of angst and longing
For a soul mate to appear.
A home to build together.

I hear young women singing
songs of love’s embrace,
intimate satisfaction
reflects in loved one’s face.
Two unite as one.

I hear some women singing,
creation understood,
singing miracles of birth,
ecstasy of motherhood.
Blessings of the dawn.

I hear young women singing,
“My body needs some rest.
I need some solitary time
But baby needs my breast.”
Night time nursing woes.

I hear some women singing
songs of caution, songs of need,
“This planet is in trouble,
our insatiable greed
rapes our Mother Earth.”

I hear some women weeping.
Death and danger, blood and gore,
binding wounds with prayer
as men beat drums of war.
Forfeit sons and daughters.

I hear empty women singing
songs of children gone.
Time has taken them away;
wheel of life spins on.
Seek another song.

I hear all women singing
songs of solidarity
In oppressive systems,
Sisters suffer indignity.
Women stand united, strong.

I hear old women singing
songs of soul’s release,
songs of gentle pleading
seeking well-earned peace.
Death, a sweet embrace.

I hear all women singing
Songs of joy and hope and prayer,
Songs of sorrow, songs of pain,
Songs for life and love to share.
Women’s songs go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment